Board of Directors
In a world where rapid change is the new normal, organisations must take a radical approach to board recruitment. Key challenges include:
- Technology Talent Gap: In a preliminary study, Marlin Hawk found that only 14% of leading corporations have technology talent represented on their boards. With the future of business reliant upon data, digital, analytics, and cyber security, representation on corporate boards needs to change drastically.
- Digital Transformation: The acceleration of virtual business and agile operating models has made board members with experience driving change and transformation agendas essential.
- Evolving Professional Drivers: As the future of work evolves, board leaders with experience across core topics like diversity, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and mental health are critical.
How We Help
We partner with leaders to build innovation into the fabric of the boardroom. Our network of Next-Generation board talent has been cultivated over more than 15 years of partnering with leaders to drive significant change and strategic transformation.
Our network is
- Age agnostic: While experience can pay dividends, the insight of a first-time board member with a different generational outlook can positively disrupt the status quo.
- Digital-led: Securing advisors with a digital mindset is crucial for staying one step ahead of change.
- Diverse: A well diversified team drives innovation and economic performance. NEDs are expected to act as risk / reward enablers and balancers, and the expertise of someone with different experiences can prove invaluable to assessing new opportunities. We look across a range of categories, including gender, ethnicicity, cognitive diversity.