Marlin Hawk is a global executive search and leadership advisory firm that is unconstrained by one-size-fits-all methodologies. We aspire to be the boutique partner of choice at the forefront of transformational change and placing the most positively disruptive talent into organisations across the world.
We are an ambitious and results-oriented organisation and take on client engagements with a curious and inquisitive mindset. We work on a retained basis at the most senior levels across technology, operations, digital, data, cyber security, commercial and general management functions. We have five core services: executive search, interim management, strategic intelligence, succession planning and talent planning.
We are one globally connected team with a shared and common purpose serving our clients from New York, Denver, Toronto, London, Dubai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. We encourage a collaborative and nurturing environment to empower our employees to determine the trajectory of their careers.
We emphasize that all voices and perspectives should be heard at every level. We work hard while ensuring our office environment is friendly and informal. We like to have fun and enjoy celebrating individual milestones and collective success.
We are looking for a Consultant in New York to join our Legal, Risk & Compliance Team, which specializes in senior appointments across a number of financial services organizations including retail and investment banking, insurance, hedge funds, asset managers and fintech organisations.
Competently execute end-to-end search process and support others in the team.
Operations and Delivery
- Competently carry out all elements of delivery including creating search strategy, carrying out candidate research, approach and pre-screen candidates independently.
- Capture and record accurate data & client/candidate information from all aspects of your activities and assignments on our internal database
- Ability to produce accurate and insightful pitch documentation, update reports and shortlist reports.
- Take a proactive role in end-to-end candidate process.
- Lead offer negotiations and/or contribute to offer negotiations with support of Client Partner.
- Independently interviewing of candidates with confidence. Qualify and challenge information during interview situations.
- Participate in (and in certain cases, lead) briefing calls, client updates, shortlist meetings and field questions. In some cases, owning complete process.
- Join Client Partner in client facing situations and, in some cases, own client relationships independently.
- Participate in client briefings and write proposal documentation and reports independently and to a high standard.
- Be thorough in all aspects of delivery. Contribute to supporting your team's wider delivery activities as required.
- Become positioned as a trusted advisor to your network of candidate and client contacts.
- Originate market intelligence to build new team knowledge. Independently act upon the insights gained.
- Set up new, fully qualified live pitch situations.
- Produce proposal documentation independently to a high standard.
- Attend pitches and new client meetings, supporting Principals and Client Partners where necessary.
- Assist new joiners to integrate into the team and Marlin Hawk.
- Support researchers involved in your assignments and in your team's wider activities.
- Demonstrate personal time management to prioritise and deliver tasks assigned within appropriate timescales. Support other members of the team to do the same.
- Show awareness and swift communication of potential problems.
The ideal candidate will be:
- At least 3 years of experience within an Executive Search firm.
- A self-starter, able to get on with the task in hand and proactively seek help when needed.
- Thorough, with great attention to detail and an ability to adhere to processes.
- A problem solver with a commercial mindset who brings fresh ideas to the table.
- An excellent communicator, both in written work, on the phone and face-to-face.
- Resilient, adaptable, capable of multitasking and calm under pressure.
- Confident talking to senior executives and communicating with all internal stakeholders.
- Able to deliver the search process independently on behalf of a Client Partner.
- Can proactively generate business development opportunities through successful account management and new opportunities.
- Has experience of training and managing new starters.
- Professional presence.
Our Commitment To You
We offer all our people opportunities for growth within a collaborative and supportive culture. No matter their role, everyone is encouraged to progress at their own pace, rather than by an arbitrary standard set by others. This gives our people the chance to progress quickly, regardless of tenure. We are fully focused on an individual's capabilities and behaviours.
We work at the most senior leadership level and have access to a broad scope of Fortune 500 and high-growth companies. We have a diverse portfolio of clients across financial services, healthcare, technology, consumer, media, entertainment, sports, industrial and professional services sectors.
We have a global P&L creating cohesion across our locations and focus on collective success. You will join a team that is forward-thinking and entrepreneurial in its approach. We believe in providing our clients with data-driven solutions and have fast-growing digital platform at the heart of our business. We have invested in a technology suite to support our people to develop new business, execute on projects, and create insightful thought leadership.
We offer a competitive benefits package to support your health and wellbeing during your time with Marlin Hawk. All our people can work flexibly.