Marlin Hawk is a global executive search and leadership advisory firm that is unconstrained by one-size-fits-all methodologies. We aspire to be the boutique partner of choice at the forefront of transformational change and placing the most positively disruptive talent into organisations across the world.
We are an ambitious and results-oriented organisation and take on client engagements with a curious and inquisitive mindset. We work on a retained basis at the most senior levels across technology, operations, digital, data, cyber security, commercial and general management functions. We have five core services: executive search, interim management, strategic intelligence, succession planning and talent planning.
We are one globally connected team with a shared and common purpose serving our clients from New York, Denver, Toronto, London, Dubai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. We encourage a collaborative and nurturing environment to empower our employees to determine the trajectory of their careers.
We emphasize that all voices and perspectives should be heard at every level. We work hard while ensuring our office environment is friendly and informal. We like to have fun and enjoy celebrating individual milestones and collective success.
We are looking for a Consultant in London to join our Legal, Risk & Compliance Team, which specializes in senior appointments across a number of financial services organizations including retail and investment banking, insurance, hedge funds, asset managers and fintech organisations.
Competently execute end-to-end search process and support others in the team.
Build the reputation of your practice as a market leader and align your personal brand with the firm.
Direct and drive global account development strategy for major accounts in alignment with fellow partners and regional heads.
Develop client relationships by taking a broad, strategic approach to talent management.
Leverage your own network and collaborate across all Marlin Hawk regional offices to identify opportunities.
Acquire and evaluate market intelligence to build new team knowledge, and use this to provide advice for your team, your clients, and the wider business.
Track record in independent revenue generation.
Operations and Delivery
- Provide an exceptional customer experience, both for clients and for candidates.
- Direct research activities at a strategic level, maintaining the firm’s reputation for superior market intelligence and unpredictable candidate discoveries.
- Follow the established Marlin Hawk executive search process and contribute to its improvement.
- Capture feedback to help demonstrate the value that Marlin Hawk’s process adds to client businesses through candidate retention and in-tenure achievement.
- Responsible for the development of thought leadership articles, educating the market on current trends.
Leadership & Management
- Lead the coaching and personal development of your team, managing direct reports effectively.
- Demonstrate personal time management to prioritise and deliver tasks assigned within appropriate timescales. Support other members of the team to do the same.
- Show awareness and swift communication of potential problems.
- Collaborate with internal teams across the globe to support growth initiatives, related to training and development, DEI, corporate social responsibility, etc.
The ideal candidate will be:
- At least 6 years of experience within an Executive Search firm, running searches specialising in senior Technology leaders in the Consumer industry.
- Can proactively generate business development opportunities through successful account management and new opportunities.
- A self-starter, able to get on with the task in hand and proactively seek help when needed.
- Thorough, with great attention to detail and an ability to adhere to processes.
- A problem solver with a commercial mindset who brings fresh ideas to the table.
- An excellent communicator, both in written work, on the phone and face-to-face.
- Resilient, adaptable, capable of multitasking and calm under pressure.
- Confident talking to senior executives and communicating with all internal stakeholders.
- Has experience of training and managing new starters.
- Professional presence.
Our Commitment To You
We offer all our people opportunities for growth within a collaborative and supportive culture. No matter their role, everyone is encouraged to progress at their own pace, rather than by an arbitrary standard set by others. This gives our people the chance to progress quickly, regardless of tenure. We are fully focused on an individual's capabilities and behaviours.
We work at the most senior leadership level and have access to a broad scope of Fortune 500 and high-growth companies. We have a diverse portfolio of clients across financial services, healthcare, technology, consumer, media, entertainment, sports, industrial and professional services sectors.
We have a global P&L creating cohesion across our locations and focus on collective success. You will join a team that is forward-thinking and entrepreneurial in its approach. We believe in providing our clients with data-driven solutions and have fast-growing digital platform at the heart of our business. We have invested in a technology suite to support our people to develop new business, execute on projects, and create insightful thought leadership.
We offer a competitive benefits package to support your health and wellbeing during your time with Marlin Hawk. All our people can work flexibly.