Marlin Hawk is a global executive search and leadership advisory firm that is unconstrained by one-size-fits-all methodologies. We aspire to be the boutique partner of choice at the forefront of transformational change and placing the most positively disruptive talent into organisations across the world.
We are an ambitious and results-oriented organisation and take on client engagements with a curious and inquisitive mindset. We work on a retained basis at the most senior levels across technology, operations, digital, data, cyber security, commercial and general management functions. We have five core services: executive search, interim management, strategic intelligence, succession planning and talent planning.
We are one globally connected team with a shared and common purpose serving our clients from New York, Denver, Toronto, London, Dubai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. We encourage a collaborative and nurturing environment to empower our employees to determine the trajectory of their careers.
We emphasize that all voices and perspectives should be heard at every level. We work hard while ensuring our office environment is friendly and informal. We like to have fun and enjoy celebrating individual milestones and collective success.
We are looking for an Associate in New York to join our Financial Services technology team , which specializes in senior appointments across a number of markets including retail banking, credit cards, mobile payments and insurance to investment banking, asset management, hedge funds and fintech.
- Research Strategy: Work with search lead to identify comprehensive list of key organisations where relevant candidates can be approached.
- Sourcing candidates: using research strategy identify a longlist of candidates via desk research and networks, make the initial contact, organize first call and assess which candidates should progress to interview.
- Selecting candidates: along with the Partner and/or Consultant leading the search, conduct face-to-face candidate interviews and contribute to a defined and successful shortlist. Taking ownership of the candidate management process, making your Partner and/or Consultant aware of any issues throughout the process.
- Managing projects: attend client briefings, capture any data pertinent to the search, keep accurate records updating the internal database on an ongoing basis.
- Producing documentation: create the initial briefing pack, regular update reports and the final project document, retaining the highest standard of quality throughout.
- Support: Search Lead and broader team on administrative tasks where required.
Operations and Delivery
- Select and pre-screen candidates independently
- Ensure thorough personal and team records for candidates, clients and assignments are logged and kept up to date on our database
- Oversee and support others in improving record keeping standards.
- Conduct candidate interviews face to face with Client Partners and/or Consultants.
- Qualify and challenge information during interview situations.
- Participate in catch-up calls and face to face meetings with clients. We encourage our Associates to be active participants!
- Be readily able to field questions in client facing situations.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of client brief. Contribute to devising research plans for assignments and take a leading role in their delivery.
- Support producing assignment documentation.
- Proactively leverage your contact network to identify and create new opportunities.
- Qualify market intelligence gained and act upon it with direction from consultant.
- Contribute to devising new business plans.
- Evaluate market intelligence in the context of your client and candidate engagement.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A college graduate (3.0 or above) with a genuine interest in research and executive recruitment
- At least 12 months of executive search experience or 2 years in a contingency firm
- A self-starter, able to get on with the task in hand and proactively seek help when needed.
- Thorough, with great attention to detail and an ability to adhere to processes.
- A problem solver with a commercial mindset who brings fresh ideas to the table.
- An excellent communicator, both in written work, on the phone and face-to-face.
- Resilient, adaptable, capable of multitasking and calm under pressure.
- Confident talking to senior executives and communicating with all internal stakeholders.
- Professional presence
Our Commitment To You
We offer all our people opportunities for growth within a collaborative and supportive culture. No matter their role, everyone is encouraged to progress at their own pace, rather than by an arbitrary standard set by others. This gives our people the chance to progress quickly, regardless of tenure. We are fully focused on an individual's capabilities and behaviours.
We work at the most senior leadership level and have access to a broad scope of Fortune 500 and high-growth companies. We have a diverse portfolio of clients across financial services, healthcare, technology, consumer, media, entertainment, sports, industrial and professional services sectors.
We have a global P&L creating cohesion across our locations and focus on collective success. You will join a team that is forward-thinking and entrepreneurial in its approach. We believe in providing our clients with data-driven solutions and have fast-growing digital platform at the heart of our business. We have invested in a technology suite to support our people to develop new business, execute on projects, and create insightful thought leadership.
We offer a competitive benefits package to support your health and wellbeing during your time with Marlin Hawk. All our people can work flexibly.